WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are little text files which are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or application.
If cookies are not disabled, this data is communicated to the site that installed them whenever you come back to visit that site.
Cookies work to make your experience browsing our site as smooth as possible by (temporarily) remembering your preferences and keeping track of your browsing activity on the site.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPE OF COOKIES?
There are different types of cookies. Some cookies come directly from our website and others come from third parties which place cookies on our site, this is explained in the “What type of cookies do we use?” section of this policy.
The cookies that can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device are the following:
• Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web-browser.
• Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date (for example, to be able to easily authenticate you on our platform/site, etc.).
HOW DO YOU CHANGE COOKIE PREFERENCES OR BLOCK COOKIES?
Within your browser you can choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you.
Each browser’s website contains instructions on how you can do this. To do so, please visit your web browser’s site below:
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Fondazione Golinelli, with registered office in Bologna (BO), Via Paolo Nanni Costa n. 14, with fiscal code 03939010371, installs the following on your device:
1) TECHNICAL COOKIES (NOT requiring your prior consent): some technical cookies (session and persistent), are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site:
(b) Persistent cookies facilitate your browsing experience on the platform by remaining stored on your device, preventing banners (such as the cookie consent banner or newsletter subscription banners) to appear again after already providing your consent.
2) PROFILING COOKIES (requiring your prior CONSENT): our website may also use profiling cookies, which can only be installed upon your prior consent. In addition, our website may also set cookies belonging to third parties (for example, some cookies may be present in images, maps, videos, sounds, links to pages outside of our site , etc.), for advertising purposes, retargeting cookies, social media cookies and analytic cookies other than those used only for aggregate statistical analysis:
(a) Third party profiling and social media cookies (session and persistent): if you wish to learn about such cookies and the third parties that may access the information collected or on how to enable or disable them, you may read the privacy policies of such third parties by clicking any of the following links:
(b) Third party profiling cookies (session and persistent) for other services can be found on certain pages of our site through plugins that may be installed on your device: if you wish to learn about such cookies and the third parties that may access the information collected or on how to enable or disable them, you may read the privacy policies of such third parties by clicking any of the following links:
• Jquery: https://jquery.org/support/
Font Awesome: https://fontawesome.com/privacy
• Hotjar: https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us
• Modernizr: https://modernizr.com/docs
(c) Third party profiling cookies (session and persistent) for analytical purposes: these cookies track how the site is being visited and provides information so we can offer a better experience by evaluating if any modifcations have to be made to improve your time on our site. These cookies track the following information:
• the number of visitors to our site
• the average time spent on the site
• how you access the site, the most visited pages, etc.
To perform these tasks we use Google Analytics - a web analytics service, provided by Google. This service installs cookies on your device and generates information about your use of the site that is transmitted and stored by Google (the servers where they are stored may be in the United States). Google uses this information to:
• measure your use of the site
• prepare reports on your activity on the site
• to provide other services relating to the site and the use of the internet
Google may also transfer this information to third parties, if required by law, or some third parties may process this information on their behalf.
Google does not associate your IP address with any other data that Google possesses (in fact, we have disabled all functions that can share your personal data, with exception of the 'Benchmarking' function that treats aggregated and anonymous data. We have also provided for the masking of part of your IP address.
To learn more about how Google Analytic's data sharing and benchmarking functions work, please visit this link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1011397?hl=en
If you want to opt-out and prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, please visit this link to learn how: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
HOW YOU CAN MANAGE COOKIES
To check which cookies are installed on your device you can visit this site https://cookiepedia.co.uk/.
You may decide whether you want to allow cookies to be installed or not also by using your browser’s setting area.
You can learn more about the privacy configuration of your web-browser by clicking on this link http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2#!/.
You can also check, and modify your choices regarding 'online behavioral advertising' (that is, the modality that allows third parties to send you advertisements on the websites you visit, making them more in line with your needs and your interests).
To learn more about the available tools to perform these operations, we recommend you visit www.youronlinechoices.eu.
If you block cookies on our website, you may be unable to access certain areas of our website and certain functions and pages will not work in the usual way.
HOW LONG ARE COOKIES STORED ON YOUR DEVICE?
The duration of the cookies that are installed on your device depends on their type and function:
• session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web-browser
• persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date
To check the duration of each cookie, you can use tools such as "Wappalyzer" (you can download it for free by visiting https://www.wappalyzer.com/ ).